6 to 8 hours
2 ~ 12
Participate in the Tequila Tour # 1 on Tripadvisor for more than 4 years!
Creation of the expert in agave (maguey) distillate Miguel Marentes. With more than 200 comments, it was recently indexed by the Lonely Planet international guide as a viable option for the traveler visiting Jalisco.
Tequila is known throughout the world as a unique Mexican liquor, and on this full day tour, you will have the opportunity to learn about its fascinating history and production, and try some of the best tequilas in the world! This tour is really a gift for the senses since it is made to be unique, educational and fun, just like Mexico itself. This experience is excellent for tequila lovers or just for the curious. During this tour, you will go behind the scenes and see firsthand how tequila is made. You will learn its history and ancestral traditions, discover its land and birthplace and, of course, try this excellent distillate, all in a relaxed and fun environment. Your local guide has selected less commercial places that are 100% Mexican and that cultivate a love for the land and pride in their craft. Finish this tour with a great appreciation for the hard work involved in the manufacture of these excellent products. You will experience the tequila culture from the hand of a local expert in a social and friendly environment. You will not only enjoy the national drink par excellence, but also the gastronomy, customs and regional traditions of Jalisco.
- Tour Location: Jalisco, México
- Tour City: Guadalajara
- Tour Duration: 6 to 8 hours
Start time: 10:00 AM
Price: $135 USD per person
- Pick-up at your accommodation by Local Guide and driver
- Head to two craft tequila distilleries in the Tequila Valley for tours and tequila tasting
- Enjoy a traditional lunch in the Tequila Village Market
- Walk around the historic center of Tequila town
- Visit either the National Tequila Museum or the Los Abuelos/Sauza Family Museum
- Take photos in stunning blue agave fields and beautiful tequila haciendas
- Drop-off back at your accommodation
- A person over 18 (Minors are welcome accompanied by an adult or guardian)
- Minimum number of people: 1
- Maximum number of people: 12
- Availability: Everyday (Requires reservation 24 hours before)
- Bilingual local guide
- Roundtrip transportation from Guadalajara/Tequila (including pickup and dropoff at any Guadalajara-area Hotel, Hostel or Airbnb)
- Two Tequila distillery visits and tastings
- Traditional Jaliscan lunch in the Tequila village market
- Walking tour in the historic Tequila town center, where you will find additional Tequila tasting rooms, regional crafts, and gift shops.
- Admission to either Hacienda “La Calavera” Museum or the National Museum of Tequila
What’s not included
- Open Bar
- Rain Season from May to October
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a hat or wear sunscreen